Skip to main content

Film Discussion Ver.2

Class today had its second feedback discussion about our foundation projects. It was pretty uneventful to be honest. The group I was in was small, comprised of just three people, myself included. We talked about our projects, how we're going to film the video, when we'll film and edit, etc. It never felt like nugget of previously unknown information had been brought to my attention, however this discussion did help me with one thing at least. 

It reaffirmed my belief that I'm on track with the production of my video and that I'm standing on a solid foundation. Same for the other two members of my group. I came to that conclusion that from how none of us really had anything to add to the other's plans for production. We mostly just listened to each other's plans and agreed with how they planned their production. Which helped give me some confidence for filming the rest of my video this Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Inspiration

While I wouldn't say I'm a connoisseur of horror films, I will say that I've seen all of the "Friday The 13th" films, with the exception of Freddy vs Jason. I admit that the later films started to lose their seriousness and got very campy. Yet I still find myself enjoying all the films in some way and a large part of my enjoyment goes to none other than Jason Voorhees. You see, there's nothing complicated about Jason. His motivation is that his mom was killed in a sleep away camp, so now he'll kill anyone and everyone that even tries to go into his camp. It's that sheer simplicity and one-minded determination of Jason made him feel more like a force of nature than an actual human. He was a compelling villain not in spite of the simple concept surrounding him, but because of it. There was always a question of what morbid acts will he commit this time, (by the tenth movie Jason was in space) or how will he be killed this time? This was the glue that he

Location, location, location

I have decided to go with horror as my genre of choice for the film. I can definitely pull it off, and I have an idea on where to film it. There's a park near where I live, called Markham Park and thanks to Hurricane Irma, the forest in that park is all mangled up and dilapidated with trees knocked over and torn apart everywhere you look. Giving the forest a look that it's been abandoned and forgotten about, and has long since fallen into a state of decay. The visual aspect of my video is going to be perfect inside that rotted forest. I can now see the shots for my intro. Of knocked over trees, broken branches, of possible wildlife. Having filmed in those woods in the past I know that audio shouldn't be a problem either. The forest is filled with natural sounds like birds singing, crickets chirping, and branches snapping. All coming together to help make the film more engrossing overall. I genuinely can't think of anything wrong with the location I've picked for m